Trust the Pros at LD Plumbing & Heating
Regularly inspecting and maintaining your heat pump or furnace can help keep it working efficiently, which ultimately saves you money on energy expenses. If you have noticed that your energy bill consistently increases each month, it’s a good idea to perform a quick assessment to determine if your system is running efficiently or if it is under-performing.
A heat pump with a highly effective ventilation system is one of the most energy-efficient ways to cool your home. Removing humidity from the air will result in lower energy usage and cleaner air flow. Newer, energy efficient systems provide far less energy output and tremendous savings in the long run.
Energy Saving Tips to Maximize Your Heating and Cooling in Ladysmith
If your system isn’t providing you with the indoor comfort you need and expect, consider the following energy saving tips to stay cool in the hot summer months:
- If there is a cool breeze in the night, open your windows to get the cool air flowing through your home. Be sure to close your windows and shutters in the morning to trap in the cool air.
- You can improve energy efficiency by installing window coverings that block out the sun, preventing heat from entering your home.
- Invest in a smart thermostat, which allows you to program desired temperatures at certain times during the day. Newer thermostats even allow you to control your home’s indoor temperature remotely through a smartphone, so you can adjust the temperature in your home on your drive there. This can help prevent unnecessary expenses.
- If you have a ceiling fan, use it! Fans are a cost-effective way of moving cool air around the room when you run your cooling unit at a lower temperature.
- If you have an open basement, place a swivel floor fan in your basement. Turn it on with face up to circulate cool air from your basement throughout your home.
- Be sure to change your filter every three months and schedule regular maintenance to ensure your system is in good working order.
- Avoid using your oven on hot days, as it generates a lot of heat and can make your home heat up faster.
- Inspect your windows to see if hot air is leaking into your home. If so, seal all cracks and openings to prevent air leaks.
- Upgrading your old and outdated unit to an Energy Star® system can provide you with energy savings of up to $300 per year!
- Try using less water – water heating accounts for about 18% of your home’s energy usage.
With more than 30 years of industry experience, LD Plumbing & Heating is your one-stop solution for high quality AC repairs, installations and renovations. We are committed to providing unmatched service and products to ensure our customers enjoy optimal indoor comfort at all times. Our team of trained and licensed plumbers and gas fitters are customer service focused. We can help answer any question you may have about your air conditioning unit. You can count on our 24/7 emergency service for local residents and commercial companies.
Contact LD Plumbing & Heating today at 250-245-8858 if you require assistance with heating and cooling your home in Ladysmith, BC. You can also contact us online to learn more about our plumbing services.
Service Now and Save!
Annual service to oil, gas
or electric furnace
Regular: $129.00 Now:
$99.00 + GST (parts extra)
Gas customers receive up to $50.00 Fortis TLC Rebate